Basei™ 2C biofungicide for powdery mildew and scab control
Basei™2C is a preventive and curative biofungicide for powdery mildew and scab control in crops. Its formulation includes several compounds and natural surfactants that deliver great dissolution, easiness of application and strong adherence to the plant, in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
On curative action mode of Basei™2C, carbonate and bicarbonate ions dissociate in the leaf area to exert direct osmotic pressure that damages cell walls of conidia and hyphae, promoting them to collapse and its subsequent death.
Basei™2C also exerts preventive action on powdery mildew and scab control. mycelium development is inhibited because of pH variation in the leaf area. Due to different surfactants and adjuvants in Basei™2C, a mechanical barrier appears on the leaf area that prevents penetration of ascomycetosis fungi's hyphae.
Key points of Basei™2C:
- Curative effect against different types of powdery mildew.
- Alternative, complement to sulfur.
- Does not generate hydrogen sulfide compounds in grape must and does not interfere with winemaking.
- Effective at high temperatures, without risks of phytotoxic effects on plants.
- No safety period needed. Leaves no residues.
- Included in the Organic Farming Regulation 889/2008. Does not affect the environment or auxiliary fauna.